Working in a warehouse can be a hazardous and dangerous environment, with fork lift trucks moving around you and with a lot of weight held on the pallet racking above you. It’s surprising how little it takes to render the pallet racking damaged and not fit for purpose, especially when you are carrying weights close to the recommended capacities of the pallet racking.
Did you know that ……
- As indicated in above diagram, just a 3mm dent over a 1m area on the front of a pallet racking upright, or just a 5mm dent over a 1m area on the side of an upright is enough to take 25% of the load capacity away, making the pallet racking and everything on it unsafe !
- It’s critical that beam safety pins are fitted on all beam levels !
- Damaged pallet racking costs lives, and maintenance is essential for a safe working environment.
- Rack loading signs, indicating maximum beam and bay loading must be fitted and displayed in prominent positions on your pallet racking !
- The higher the first beam level is fitted in each bay of pallet racking, the less weight the bay will take, so if beams are being adjusted or removed at the lower levels, then advice should be sought and your loading signs should be updated !
- An audit survey of your pallet racking should be carried out at least once a year !
- We can repair damaged pallet racking & offer a maintenance service for your system.